STANDARD TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. All bookings will be subject to the Booking Form and these Standard Terms & Conditions.
2. All prices quoted are subject to change, provided that the customer is informed and haven’t paid any deposits.
3. Bookings will only be confirmed upon receipt of 50% (fifty per cent) deposit, which is required within 1 (one) week of making the provisional booking, and a Booking Form filled by the customer.
4. Any deposits will only be refunded, and will be subject to a 10% (ten per cent) cancellation/admin fee, if:
4.1 A written cancellation is made at least 6 (six) months prior to the function; and
4.2 The Glades is able to hire the venue to another customer.
5. The balance of the function costs has to be paid in full at least 20 (twenty) days prior to the function. If not paid The Glades reserves the right to cancel the hire of the venue and claim forfeiture of the deposit.
6. The breakages and damages deposit will be refunded 14 (fourteen) days after the function.
7. The customer shall be at all times responsible for any damage caused to the allocated rooms, furnishings and utensils, whether by any act or omission of the customer or guests/employees/agents of the customer.
8. A final detailed schedule of the day must be provided to The Glades at least 10 (ten) days before the function. Failing this, The Glades cannot be held responsible for timing misunderstandings or problems.
9. The customer will notify The Glades no less than 20 (twenty) days prior to the function of the confirmed number of guests that will be attending.
10. Please ensure that your suppliers are added to your final numbers and are allocated a place to sit.
11. Right of admission is reserved at all times. A maximum of 160 (one hundred and sixty) guests will be allowed at the venue per function. Parking is only allowed in designated areas.
15. After parties are not allowed in any of the property houses after the wedding and breaking of this rule will occur a R10 000 (ten thousand rand) fee.
16. The Glades reserves the right to cancel any booking forthwith and without liability on its part in the event of any damage or destruction of the venue by fire or any other cause, any shortage of labour or food supplies, strikes, lockouts or industrial unrest, or any other cause beyond the control of The Glades which prevents it from performing its obligations in connection with any bookings in its establishment.
17. The Glades does not accept liability for loss or damage to any item of property of customer’s, its suppliers or its guests, howsoever such loss or damage may occur. The Glades also does not accept liability for injury to you or your guests on the premises due to negligence, over-indulgence or any other cause, whatsoever, and the customer indemnifies The Glades against any such loss, injury or damage.
18. The venue closes at midnight. No music can be played after midnight.
19. No fireworks, sparklers and Chinese sky lanterns are allowed. If customers wish to use candles, any burns or damages to cloths etc, made by them will be charged to the customer. It is a no smoking venue inside.
20. The customer will be allowed access to the venue from 8.00 am until 5.00 pm 1 (one) day prior to the function. The customer will have access for clean up from 8.00 am to 1.00 pm on the day after the function.
21. In case of hiring or buying hay bales for decoration, the client is responsible for removing the hay bales the day after the function.
22. If you have any queries with the above terms and conditions, please discuss with the representatives of The Glades. It is the responsibility of the customer to bring these terms and conditions to the attention of their guests, suppliers and agents and to ensure they abide thereby.